JW-T2 and JW-T4
From 30 years IMT Intermato S.p.A. designs, produces and optimizes machines, vertical lathes and plants for the machining of light alloy wheels. In 1983 the machine mod. SF500, a deeply innovative machine for that period, was introduced. Since then thousands of applications have been installed around the world, getting an always higher success due to the reliability and the quality, consolidated by the launching of the series W in 1994 and by the development of advanced solutions for the automatic machining.
IMT Intermato S.p.A. placed itself as reference point not only for the users but also for the manufacturers which were inspired from its innovations and ideas.Leader, as we are, we don’t sink into our success and we have constantly developed new solutions treasuring customers suggestions which daily bring our machines to the limit.The fundamental co-operation between customer and supplier as well as our will to be always a step forward respect to the competitors, brings us to place by the series WN, that will stay in production for the manual solution, the new series JW. Our aims are:
- Reduction of the cycle time.
- Reduction of the maintenance.
- Increase of the machined wheel quality.
The improvements are different, some of them visible in the enclosed pictures and others “ hidden” which give as result:
- Machining capacity for wheel from 20” or optionally 22”.
- Elimination of the doors on the machines with pallet, obtaining the reduction of cycle time and a better availability of the machine.
- 8-positions turret with specific geometry studied to reduce the interference between boring bars and wheels.
- Basic motorization of 40/60 kW or optionally of 60/75 kW.
- Movements on roller guides with speed of 30m/min thermal drift reduction protection guards redesign.
- internal washing system redesign.
- compact and more rational design of the plants.
- optimized the access to the tools.
- increased the general ergonomics of the machine.
- compact design of the whole machine.
High Speed Vertical Lathes JW series are composed by 2 and 4 axis machines with or without pallet in order to satisfy the different productive needs of the customer. They are the ideal machines for the composition of our high production automatic lines.
Using additional options like touch probes for tools and piece, MQL option and others, we have realized the machine JWd-T2 designed for the diamond operation.